HOW TO ENTER:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
2. You can enter by uploading a video to your public Instagram account using the hashtag #MeetMessi, or going to www.simplydowonders.com and entering your e-mail address and uploading your video. All correctly completed entries will appear on the video gallery at www.simplydowonders.com. To confirm your entry, wait 24 hours and then search for your user name on the video gallery page.
3. You can enter the competition multiple times, but no entrant may win more than once. It is free to enter, but your standard internet charges may apply when uploading your video.
4. The competition will begin on 1 June 2014 09:00 GMT and end on 13 July 2014 23:00 GMT. Ooredoo accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Ooredoo by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
5. This competition is open to residents of the following countries (and the name of the applicable Ooredoo local operator is also listed here): (i) Omani Qatari Telecommunications Company SAOG (Nawras), Oman; (ii) Ooredoo Algérie SPA, Algeria; (iii) Ooredoo Maldives Pvt Ltd., Maldives; (iv) Ooredoo Q.S.C., Qatar; (v) PT Indosat Tbk, Indonesia; (vi) Ooredoo Tunisie S.A., Tunisia; (vii) Ooredoo Kuwait KSC, Kuwait; and (viii) Wataniya Palestine Mobile Telecommunication PSC, Palestine.
6. This competition is open to all ages. However if you are the winner and are under the age of 18 years at the time of entry, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in the event your entry is selected for the prize.
7. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you are a professional footballer, or if you are or a member of your immediate family (i.e., your parent, sibling, spouse or child) is an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of Ooredoo Group LLC or any of its affiliated entities (including the telephone operators listed in paragraph 5 above).
8. Entries should be no longer than 15 seconds long and adhere to appropriate standards of modesty in attire and of content and language. All entries will be reviewed and curated by Ooredoo (in its absolute discretion) for content and adherence to standards, and eligible entries will be featured on the Ooredoo microsite at www.simplydowonders.com.
9. Your entry cannot include any post production or any type of special effects that are designed to mislead the viewer of your trick or abilities.
10. By entering this competition you confirm that (i) your entry is your own original creation, wholly owned by you; and (ii) to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials, these have been fully cleared and such use does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You will keep Ooredoo harmless from any claims in relation to your entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
11. You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By submitting an entry, you grant Ooredoo (including its affiliated companies) a perpetual, paid up, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, assignable, transferable and irrevocable licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, use, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any and all media (including print and online), for promotion and news purposes, during and after the competition period, without any payment to you, and you undertake to execute any documentation which may be necessary to formalise such licence. You also agree to waive any moral rights you may have in your entry, including the right to be named as the creator of your entry. If you do not want to grant Ooredoo these rights, please do not submit materials to us. You promise Ooredoo that:
(a) you have all the rights necessary to grant the rights set out above to Ooredoo;
(b) no materials forming part of your entry are obscene, defamatory, libellous or otherwise unlawful, or likely to damage the reputation of Ooredoo; and
(c) no use of your entry by Ooredoo (as set out in these terms) shall cause Ooredoo to infringe the rights (including the intellectual property rights) of any third party.
12. The final winning entry will be chosen by Lionel Messi and his management not later than 31 July 2014 23:00 GMT.
13. We will notify the winner on the Instagram account or e-mail address provided, within 15 days of the winning entry being selected. If we are not able to contact the winner or do not receive a response from the winner within 15 days of notification, an alternate winning entry will be chosen (in Ooredoo’s sole discretion).
14. The winner of this competition whose video is selected will receive return airfare and hotel accommodation (i.e., two (2) nights’ room plus reasonable meals excluding alcoholic beverages) for the winner and one (1) guest (who must be the winner’s parent or legal guardian, if the winner is under the age of 18), two (2) tickets to an FC Barcelona football match to be played in Barcelona during the 2014–2015 season (the date of the match to be selected by Ooredoo in its discretion on reasonable notice to the winner), airport transfer and transportation to and from the match, city tour and US$250 cash spending money, along with the opportunity to meet Lionel Messi.
15. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. The prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on the prize value.
16. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Ooredoo reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. If we believe your entry does not comply with these terms, is unfair to other entrants, or is inappropriate, illegal, illegible or incomplete, we will disqualify your entry without notice.
18. We will not enter into correspondence regarding the selection of the winner(s) of this competition.
19. We will require the winner(s) to participate in publicity or advertising, which may include filming the winner(s) whilst visiting Barcelona and meeting Lionel Messi. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for such publicity or advertising purposes without payment.
20. We will use your details to run the competition and contact the winner. We will not store your details after the competition or send you marketing, unless you have agreed to this. Any personal information received as part of this competition will be used by Ooredoo, its affiliates and subsidiaries and its advertising and marketing agencies involved in this competition confidentially, according to applicable data protection laws and for the purpose of the administration of the competition and prize fulfilment only.
LIABILITY AND DISPUTES
21. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of USD 10,000. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
22. We are not responsible for:
(a) losses not caused by our breach or negligence;
(b) indirect losses (i.e., losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage, and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of your entering this competition);
(c) entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control;
(d) technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control; or
(e) any failure to provide the competition or the prize or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where such failure arises because of events outside of our reasonable control.
23. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this competition or the provision of the prize, and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party’s failure.
24. If you wish to take court proceedings against Ooredoo, you must do so within the State of Qatar. The laws of the State of Qatar shall govern this competition.
25. This competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. We reserve the right to change the competition terms and conditions from time to time. We will always have the most up to date terms and conditions available on www.simplydowonders.com, and in the event of a discrepancy, the website terms and conditions will prevail.
Please read this Legal disclaimer and Privacy statement before accessing or using this Ooredoo website
All trademarks used in the Web Site are the sole property of Ooredoo.
The information available on this Web Site is based on information provided by Ooredoo (unless otherwise specified) and is only for information purpose. These information contain details about Ooredoo services, press releases, press clipping, annual and quarterly reports, human resources and job availabilities, products and services, promotions, etc. Ooredoo will keep these information as timely and accurate as possible. Whilst every efforts will be made in order to present only accurate information, errors and omission may occur. If errors are brought to Ooredoo's attention, Ooredoo will try to correct them. However Ooredoo do not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage or loss that will result directly or indirectly from any information whatsoever even if it is based on an error or an omission which is contained on the Web Site. Every information on this Web Site is of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity, is not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date and sometimes linked to external sites over which Ooredoo has no control and for which Ooredoo assumes no responsibility. The information on the Web Site will change from time to time without notice, even concerning products, services, promotion, etc.
You acknowledge and agree that you may not have access to certain part of the Web Site if your computer does not include the appropriate technology. You acknowledge and agree that the access of the Web Site or to certain area of the Web Site may be restricted to Ooredoo customers. The access to the Web Site is currently free. Nevertheless, Ooredoo reserves the right to charge for access to some area of the Web Site. Users will be duly informed before entering any part for which payment will be requested. Specific Terms and Conditions may be applicable for these pay per use services.
The financial information provided on this web site is for historical information only. This financial information is valid only on the very moment of its publication on the Web Site. Ooredoo has no obligation to update, to revise or to adapt such information even if this financial information did change after its publication on this website. No decision could be taken by any visitor based on Ooredoo share value or on any financial information as they appear on the Web Site. Ooredoo shareholders and any interested third party should consider the share value which appears on the Web Site as an historical information only. Ooredoo will not have any responsibility whatsoever concerning any decision taken by any shareholder or third party concerning Ooredoo share value, whether this decision is based on the information on the Web Site or not. Readers are advised to look at the appropriate permanently updated information published by the official stock market authorities under their own responsibility.
Ooredoo is the sole owner of all copyright and other intellectual property rights (Trademarks, patents, etc.) of every elements of the Web Site. Every element of the Web Site is protected by copyright, unless expressively stated. No copy of any element of the Web Site could be copied or distributed for any purpose without Ooredoo express authorization.
LINK TO THE WEB SITE
Any external web site may create a link to the Web Site provided that Ooredoo is previously informed and did not object. Ooredoo does not have to justify the reason in case of a refusal to link to this Web Site. If you want to create a link to the Web Site from your web site, please contact us beforehand. In any case only links to the Web Site home page will be accepted. Any deep linking is strictly forbidden.
LINK TO OTHER WEB SITES
Some hyperlink to third parties web sites may exist on the Web Site for information only. Ooredoo is and will be not responsible for any content of these web sites. The presence of any hyperlink does not constitute any endorsement of the content of the web site, and does not mean that Ooredoo made any audit, verification, or investigation of the content of these web sites.
Ooredoo does not control, accept or refuse any content you could access by surfing the Internet. You will be sole responsible for any use of the Internet: access to content, buying and selling, exchanging emails, use of personal data, illegal content,etc. You are aware that some web sites do show some sexual, political, religious,... contents that could be offensive for you. Your access to those web sites is at your own risks. Ooredoo cannot technically control the Internet and will not accept any responsibility for such harmful material.
You are aware that the Internet is not a fully secure environment and that downloading some files or programmes could infect your hardware and/or software. Ooredoo does not give any guarantee for the files and programms available on the Internet and in particular does not accept any liability concerning any virus, worm, Trojan horse,etc. that exist on the Internet and could affect your computer environment. You are the sole responsible for the security of your access and you are aware that you have to implement some security measures like firewalls, anti-virus softwares, back-up, etc. that you may consider appropriate. You also acknowledge and agree that Ooredoo will not be under any responsibility whatsoever concerning any direct or indirect loss or damage that may happen, following your connection to the Internet, or any transaction, download, transfer of data, etc that you could do by using the Internet.
Ooredoo does not warrant that the access to the Internet will be permanent, or never interrupted, or without any defect or errors. You also acknowledge and agree that Ooredoo will not be under any responsibility whatsoever concerning any direct or indirect loss or damage that may happen, following any interruption of your connection to the Internet, or to any transaction, download, transfer of data, etc.
The Web Site is governed only by the laws of Qatar.
In case of any dispute, the courts of Qatar will be the sole competent courts.